Concentration is progressing in the private media market in Ticino: Corriere del Ticino SA will take over all assets and liabilities of Media TI Holding SA, as reported by Klein Report on Wednesday. The Federal Department of Environment, Transport, Energy and Communications (DETEC) confirmed a corresponding report on Wednesday upon request. The merger was made possible by Filippo Lombardi selling his remaining 10 percent stake in MediaTI Holding, said the head of the Corriere del Ticino group, Marcello Foa. The publishing house already owned 90 percent of the shares in MediaTI Holding and now secured the remaining 10 percent.
As part of the merger, the boards of directors of Corriere del Ticino and MediaTI will also be merged, MediaTI Holding announced in a communiqué. The previous Chairman of the Board of Directors was Filippo Lombardi. He will now become vice chairman of the Corriere del Ticino Group. However, Lombardi will remain president of TeleTicino, Radio 3i and the marketing company MediaTI Marketing. President of the new CdT Group will be Fabio Soldati.
TeleTicino has also entered into a public-private partnership since January 1, 2017. With the relaunch of the SRG online platform Tvsvizzera.it, the offer has been expanded, SRG SSR announced on Wednesday. The platform, aimed at an Italian audience and cross-border commuters, will therefore also offer content from TeleTicino and place it on the front page of the homepage. (SDA)