In addition to the purely technical performance, the impact of the print products and the interplay between idea, implementation and artistic-creative impression were evaluated. This year's thirteen award winners in the categories Books, Printed Matters, Printed Objects, Publications and the Peter Grob Special Award stand out for their exceptionally high standard.
The jury spared no time, despite difficult working conditions due to the pandemic. It was thoroughly discussed, evaluated, discarded, considered, decided.
"Making people want to see print" has always been the credo of the Swiss Print Award. Less is printed than ten years ago, but it is printed differently: the eye of the beholder - and therefore also that of the layman - does not evaluate objectively, but incorruptibly subjectively, as those responsible for the Swiss Print Awards write. What counts today is impact - that certain something, that little bit of "more," that extra mile.
The jury of the 9th Swiss Print Award consisted of the chairman Christian Theiler, Visual Designer, Head of Department Graphic Design School Zurich, Ursula Heilig, Atelier Ursula Heilig SGD, Anna Kohler, Editor-in-Chief/Publicist Director m&k/advertising week, Frederick Rossmann, Graphic Design and Advertising, Andy Ruf, Ruf ASW Advertising Agency and Patrick Werder from Canon Switzerland.
- Gold: "The essential peculiarity, however, lies in the bloom", Engelberger Druck, Stans
- Silver: "Geschichte der evangelisch-reformierten Kirchgemeinde zum Grossmünter", von Ah Druck AG, Sarnen
- Bronze: "Habitat", Bubu, Mönchaltorf
Category Printed Matters
- Gold: "Greeting Card 2021 - Homburger", Hochstrasser Grafikdesign, Boppelsen
- Silver: "Touch! - Naturally more haptic!", Fischer Papier, St. Gallen
- Bronze: "Series of printed communication media", Neidhart+Schön Print, Zurich
Category Printed Objects
- Gold: "pure soap", Kasimir Meyer, Wohlen
- Silver: "ABC Mania", d+u, Zurich
- Bronze: "Annual Report 2020 Swissgas", Köpflipartners, Neuenhof
- Gold: "Integrated Report 2019", Neidhart+Schön Print, Zurich
- Silver: "Gender", Odermatt print shop, Dallenwil
- Bronze: "Magazine THIS IS IT Winter/Summer", Engelberger Druck, Stans
Special Award: Peter Grob Award
- Special prize: "Empty book", Triner, Schwyz